Oral Conscious Sedation
Using Sedation to help you relax!
Dr. Shiotsu and Dr. Tam are trained and certified to provide oral conscious sedation for all dental procedures. Oral Conscious sedation uses safe medications to help you relax during your dental procedure. Sedation can help remove the fear and anxiety that some people have about seeing the dentist.
Our goal is to make sure our patients are comfortable, calm their fears and help them have the best experience possible while we take care of their teeth and any issues they may have.
Talk to our staff and Dr. Shiotsu about your choices of sedation that are available. Dr. Shiotsu has been safely and effectively treating patients on Mercer Island, WA for over 20 years. Sedation can help you relax and makes it easy to receive dental implants, crowns and help you be more comfortable than you have ever imagined!
About Sedation - Are dental fears preventing you from having a healthy mouth?
- Are you one of the millions of people who have put off going to the dentist because of the fear or anxiety associated with dental care?
- Has it been 5, 10, or even 20 years since you last saw the dentist?
- Would you like to be treated in a non-judgemental environment?
- Would you appreciate having all of your dental needs taken care of in one appointment?
- Would you like being sedated for your treatment and remember very little about your visit?
If you answered yes to any of these questions, then Mercer Island Dental can help!
Who Benefits from Sedation Dentistry?
- Wants to be treated in a relaxed, caring and non-judgemental environment.
- Has avoided or put off dental care for years because of dental anxiety or fear.
- Wants all of their dental care completed in as few as one or two visits.
- Has fears and/or anxiety about dental treatment of any kind.
- Dislikes the sights, sounds, and smells associated with a dental office.
- Has had a bad experience with past dental visits.
How Much Does Dental Sedation Cost?
We are happy to provide a more detailed estimate for you during a consultation at our office. Each case is different and we want to ensure that you are receiving the best treatment to help make you relaxed and stay comfortable throughout your appointment. Contact our office at 206-232-3600 to set up your consultation.
Types of Sedation our office offers
Nitrous Oxide Sedation (Laughing Gas)
Nitrous Oxide sedation (also known as laughing gas) provides minimal sedation during dental procedure and can offer you anxiety relief and comfort. It is safe for both children and adults. This type of sedation only works during the procedure, allowing you to safely drive after appointment.
Oral Sedation (Oral Conscious Sedation)
Oral sedation is a form of sedation for patients that require more than just nitrous to help with their anxiety. You are prescribed medications for your appointment and carefully monitored during the time you are at our office. Upon completion of your appointment, your dental care team will release you to the care of your trusted driver.
Is Sedation Dentistry Safe for Children?
Nitrous Oxide is safe and effective for young children.
With sedation, we can help you to feel calmer and more comfortable during your dental treatments, allowing us to provide you with care in a safe, effective manner. For more information, and to find out if sedation is right for you, contact Mercer Island Dental today.